Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose on
Friday said he would not stop being vocal in
his criticism of the All Progressives
Congress-led government despite attempts
to keep him silent.
Fayose was the guest on a personality
programme on Fresh FM in Ibadan where he
alleged that APC had deployed powers within
its reach to intimidate him because of his
criticism of the Federal Government.
He said “I am being persecuted because I
am vocal. Why some of us are talking today
is because if we betray the masses, God will
not forgive us. That is why people like us
have to exhibit courage to speak the truth.
And if you notice, they are leaving no stone
unturned to cage me from commenting, but
that cannot be possible. They cannot win this
war.
“I can’t keep quiet, they can’t shut my mouth.
I am being persecuted but unfortunately I am
becoming more popular. To this government,
anybody in APC is considered as saint, but
PDP people are rogues. That’s why you see
some of our people crossing to their side and
immediately, they become saints.”
The governor claimed to be the last man
standing, adding that people like Femi Fani-
Kayode had been kept quiet and that the next
step for the APC government was to kill the
Peoples Democratic Party in Nigeria.
“What I want Nigerians to ask the Federal
Government, which is currently prosecuting
some people over alleged fraudulent
campaign money, is that who financed their
own election campaign or where did they get
their own funding for the election?”
Speaking on the money found in his account
during the Economic and Financial Crimes
Commission’s investigation, Fayose said the
money credited to being in his account was
N300m, which was on fixed deposit, and
N82m in cash deposit.
He said, “The money in my account is
N300m, which I made public in my asset
declaration form. That is why the court,
which is the last hope of a common man,
freed my man who was in their net and the
court even awarded a N5m damages against
the government. We can’t continue like this.
“My concern has always being that economy
must be the priority of any government.
People are hungry, the economy is bad. The
brake of our economy has relapsed. No
business seems prospective again. It’s not
about the vehicle but the driver, it is about
the head. The hardship is getting harder.
Nigerians are not investing in the economy
because of fear, same things as foreigners.
There is threat on the capital.
“The APC presidential team campaigned with
a private jet, is that free? They also spent
heavily for their elections, where did they get
their money? People are complaining
seriously in the country, as for me, we have
entered one chance with this current
government. They took us into a lift, closed
the door and they switch off the source of
power supply, that is exactly what is really
happening,” said Fayose.
Popular Posts
-
Former minister of information, Labaran Maku, has been stripped of his traditional title of ‘Turakin Eggon’ by the paramount rule...
-
Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has reacted to today’s visit of Senator Ali Modu Sheriff to former President Olusegun Obasanjo, s...
-
Mr. Babatunde Fashola The Lagos State Government has removed the list of contracts awarded under the administration of former Gove...
-
LASU gate The authorities of the Lagos State University, Ojo, have suspended 25 students for their alleged involvement in examinatio...
-
*INEC Deputy Director says only 293,072 voters accredited It is revelations galore at Rivers State election petition tribunal a...
-
President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday ruled out the possibility of scrapping the National Youth Service Corps as being suggested in so...
-
Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, has described the allegations contained in Justice Fol...
-
Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola Femi Makinde, Osogbo Some senior citizens, who are the owners of buildings demolished by the...
-
Benedict Cumberbatch has said that the Oscars were "fantastic" despite missing out on the best actor trophy. He was n...
Recent Posts
Categories
Blog Archive
-
▼
2016
(163)
-
▼
July
(39)
- BREAKING: Buhari, Obasanjo in closed door meeting
- Interest on loot recovered from ex-IG, Alams hits ...
- Certificate forgery: Nine Ekiti Assembly members t...
- I won’t quit as Saraki’s deputy, Ekweremadu tells APC
- No regrets about 2015 poll prophecy – Mbaka
- Mr. President and an economy in recession
- IBB ousted me to stop Gusau’s sacking for corrupti...
- 19 soldiers wounded, others missing during Boko Ha...
- I will continue to criticise APC government –Fayose
- We’re are not in talks with FG –Avengers
- Buhari’s style endangers democracy, says Enugu bishop
- I have forgiven Dino Melaye – Tinubu
- Assembly begins Yari’s impeachment as DSS arrests ...
- N1.2bn deals: EFCC freezes Obanikoro daughter’s ac...
- Halliburton: Buhari’s wife sues Fayose
- Don’t try impeach Buhari, Anenih warns PDP lawmakers
- BREAKING: Dogara sacks Committee on Appropriation ...
- Omisore welcomes FG’s move to reopen Ige’s killing
- Tariff reversal’ll worsen N300bn funding gap – Pow...
- Doctor rapes woman during abortion
- Tinubu’s wife asks Senate, APC to sanction Melaye
- LASU suspends 25 students over exam malpractice
- Police to re-arraign suspects in Bola Ige’s case
- Claims of selective anti-corruption war absurd, sa...
- Hijab: Court strikes out CAN’s application for sta...
- PHOTOS: Apologise to Melaye, Kogi women tell Tinubu
- Ex-governors under probe plant former aides in EFCC
- Don’t accuse my ministers of corruption without ev...
- strange things happen in south west
- ASUU reject scrapping of POST UTME
- MASSIVE SPILL AS AVENGER BOMB SPDC FACILITIES IN D...
- HOW AGBELE BOUGHT N1.3bn HOUSES FOR FAYOSE-EFCC
- PROTECT ME FROM MELAYE-TINUBU BEG IG
- I REMAIN LOYAL TO APC- SARAKI
- BUHARI MEET WITH DAVID MARK, OTHERS
- COURT TO HEAR SARAKI'S APPEAL ON OCT 6
- PDP crisis: No agreement with Makarfi yet, says Sh...
- Chelsea officially announce midfielder signing
- Its non of our business if oil production crippled
-
▼
July
(39)
0 comments:
Post a Comment